s_mpk1_re124( Survival ):
Upon ligand-induced TNFR1 trimerisation (not modelled) the TNFR1 death domain binds the death domain of the platform adapter protein TRADD. In contrast TNFR2 does not possess a death domain and instead binds directly to TRAF proteins (TRAF2).
s_mpk1_re133( Survival ):
Endogenous TAK1 is activated by TGF-beta IL-1 and TNF.
s_mpk1_re139( Survival ):
MEKK1 is significantly activated by TNF. Oligomerisation of TRAFs is sufficient to trigger MEKK1 binding. MEKK1 associates selectively with oligomerised TRAF2 in vivo in a TNF-dependent manner.
s_mpk1_re142:( Survival ) Activation of MEKK2 and MEKK3 is assumed to follow the same mechanisms of MEKK1 activation
s_mpk1_re145( Survival ):
TRAF2 activation triggers a ROS pulse that causes the dissociation of Trx from ASK1.
s_mpk1_re148( Survival ):
TNF-dependent production of ROS triggers the dissociation of Trx from ASK1 and the consequently liberalised ASK1 binds to TRAF2. Finally TRAF2 appears to activate ASK1 (by phosphorylation) by enhancing and stabilising the oligomerisation of ASK1.
s_s_mpk1_re133( Survival ):
s_s_mpk1_re139( Survival ):
s_s_mpk1_re145( Survival ):
Participates in complexes:
In compartment: Plasma Membrane
Participates in reactions:
As Reactant or Product:
- TRAF2@Cytoplasm + TNFRSF1B@Plasma Membrane → TNFRSF1B:TRAF2@Plasma Membrane
- TNFRSF1B:TRAF2@Plasma Membrane + TAK1*@Cytoplasm → TAK1*|pho:TNFRSF1B@Cytoplasm
- MAP3K1@Cytoplasm + TNFRSF1B:TRAF2@Plasma Membrane → MAP3K1|pho:TNFRSF1B@Cytoplasm
- MAP3K2_3*@Cytoplasm + TNFRSF1B:TRAF2@Plasma Membrane → MAP3K2_3*|pho:TNFRSF1B@Cytoplasm
- TNFRSF1B:TRAF2@Plasma Membrane → ROS@Cytoplasm
- TNFRSF1B:TRAF2@Plasma Membrane + MAP3K5@Cytoplasm → MAP3K5|pho:TNFRSF1B@Cytoplasm