fibroblast growth factor 1 (acidic)
HUGO:FGF1 HGNC:3665 ENTREZ:2246 UNIPROT:P05230 GENECARDS:FGF1 REACTOME:54762 KEGG:2246 ATLASONC:GC_FGF1 WIKI:FGF1
fibroblast growth factor 2 (basic)
HUGO:FGF2 HGNC:3676 ENTREZ:2247 UNIPROT:P09038 GENECARDS:FGF2 REACTOME:54764 KEGG:2247 ATLASONC:FGF2ID511ch4q27 WIKI:FGF2
fibroblast growth factor 8 (androgen-induced)
“fibroblast growth factor 9 (glia-activating factor)”
Fibroblast growth factor FGF1, a prototypic member of the FGF family, has the ability to stimulate angiogenesis in an in vivo model of angiogenesis.
Eggs received secreted FGF1 showed a significant increase in vascularization when compared to eggs received vector alone plasmids.
This FGF1-mediated angiogenesis involves in the PI3K/AKT pathway.
Blocked PI3K pathway via LY294002 in FGF1-transfected CAMs (chicken chorio- allantoic membrane) signifi cantly inhibited angiogenesis
Both activity and mRNA expression levels of the Ets1 molecule were increased in response to FGF1 overexpression
Ets-1 activation is a requisite for FGF1-mediated angiogenesis in vivo.
In compartment: Extracellular space
Participates in complexes:
Participates in reactions:
As Reactant or Product:
- FGFR3-ligands*@Extracellular space → FGF1@Extracellular space
- FGFR3-ligands*@Extracellular space → FGF2@Extracellular space
- FGFR3-ligands*@Extracellular space → FGF8@Extracellular space
- FGFR3-ligands*@Extracellular space → FGF9@Extracellular space
- FGF family*@Extracellular space → FGFR3-ligands*@Extracellular space