EMT / EMT_REGULATORS
EMT / CYTOSKELETON_POLARITY
EMT / CELL_CELL_ADHESIONS
EMT / CELL_MATRIX_ADHESIONS
EMT / ECM
EMT / TIGHT_JUNCTIONS
EMT / GAP_JUNCTIONS
EMT / ADHERENS_JUNCTIONS
EMT / DESMOSOMES
e_re715( EMT ):
ERM proteins can reconstitute stress fiber assembly, cortical actin polymerization and focal complex formation in response to activation of Rho and Rac
e_re799( EMT ):
CDC42 induces actin cytoskeleton changes by activating WASP and N-WASP.
WASP and N-WASP binds to ARP2/3 and this lieads to actin cytoskeletal polymerization and filopodia formation.
e_re852( EMT ):
CDC42 promotes changes in actin cytoskeleton by several pathways.
CDC42 activates PAK1,2,3,4 and CDC42BPA (MRCKalpha) which phosphorylate LIMK1,2.
LIMK1,2 subsquently phosphorylate and inhibit Cofilin
Destrin as actin depolymerizing factor, once phosphorylated by LIMK1,2 is inactive and thus this phosphorylation leads to actin polymerization and stimulation of filopodia and stress fibers formation.
e_re899( EMT ):
The ARP2_3 complex and Cofilin are involved in protrusion at the leading edge: the actin-severing activity of cofilin and the actin-branching activity of Arp2_3 act in synergy to drive the extension of lamellipodia.
Cofilin is also required for the maintenance of a polarized cytoskeleton and thus for directional cell migration.
Integrins control motile strategy through a Rho-cofilin pathway.
Adhesion to fibronectin by a5b1 integrin leads to phosphorylation and thus inactivation of cofilin.
Cells thus fail to polarize their cytoskeleton but extend thin protrusion with cell-matrix adhesions in multiple directions.
In compartment: Nucleus
Participates in complexes:
Participates in reactions:
As Reactant or Product:
- ERM*|open@Cytoplasm → Actin polymerization@Nucleus
- GTP:RHOA:RhoA_cytoskeletal_effectors*@Cytoplasm → Actin polymerization@Nucleus
- GTP:RHOB:RhoB_cytoskeletal_effectors*@Cytoplasm → Actin polymerization@Nucleus
- Actin polymerization@Nucleus → Cytoskeleton remodeling@Nucleus
- ARP2_3*:Actin cytoskeletal*@Cytoplasm → Actin polymerization@Nucleus
- Actin cytoskeletal*:WASF2@Cytoplasm → Actin polymerization@Nucleus
- Actin cytoskeletal*:DSTN@Cytoplasm → Actin polymerization@Nucleus
- Actin cytoskeletal*:CFL1@Cytoplasm → Actin polymerization@Nucleus
- ARP2_3*:Actin cytoskeletal*:Actinin*:BCAR1:FAK1*|Y_pho|pho:PXN|pho:Talin*:Vinculin*:c-SRC*@Cytoplasm → Actin polymerization@Nucleus
- s_s_wnc1_s1024 → Actin polymerization@Nucleus